So you're probably wondering, "who is this guy and why should I listen to him?" Good question, so here's a bit about me.
My names Chris, a web developer currently working with React.js and Java. I have worked in many types of companies since entering the world of web development 5 years ago - corporations, fin-tech, startups, you name it, I've been there.
As a senior developer, I'm often tasked with mentoring the more junior developers in my team. This opened a whole new world for me, as I quickly discovered how much I loved teaching, and sharing my knowledge with others.
It reminds me of when I was a junior developer, and the struggles I had at the beginning. I won't bore you with the details of my journey here, but if you're interested, feel free to read "Thinking of giving up as a junior developer".
So this is why I started this blog, to share what I learned from my time as a junior developer so you don't make the same mistakes I did.
Over time, I'll share with you:
- What you can expect as a junior developer
- The mistakes I've made as a junior developer and what you can learn from it
- The things I wish I knew when I was first starting out
- How I learned the technologies and skills to progress up the ranks
- What companies and senior developers expect from a junior developer
My mission is to help people like you realise your dream to become a web developer. It'll be a long and difficult journey, but an extremely rewarding one. And hopefully I can help you along the way!